Password Security and Your Home Computer
Keeping your computer secure on your is the top of everyone’s list. Passwords help us to feel “protected” and that our data is safe from intruders. Changing your password is a cumbersome task with only one setback. “What happens when you forget your password?” I have a password book I keep all mine in. It is handy but not easily accessible. It requires me to go to another room to get it; but I know my computer is safe.
Keys for passwords:
- Do not use your birthdate or other significant date in your life.
- Do not use a name of your pet or family member
- Password length should be at least 8 characters long.
- Use symbols like $, !, #, & added or in place of letters.
- Use a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols
- Do not use the same number as banking passwords or PIN’s