Monthly maintenance tips and general house cleaning rules
Housekeeping is something we all do. It should be the same for your computer. From deleting unnecessary programs to scanning for viruses, these 5 chores could be on your monthly “must do list”.
- Running a scandisk for hard disk errors. This will help with the stability of your data.
- Defrag your disk (every 3 months) No need for monthly.
- Go into the control panel, programs and features and verify all the programs (if unsure call your local technician) and uninstall the programs from here. Deleting the programs from the hard disk does NOT uninstall them.
- Verify your start up programs in MSCONFIG (if unsure call your local technician)
- Run a full computer virus scan monthly.